Follow beans_corner on Twitter
Follow beans_corner on Twitter

Monday 30 May 2011

Formal dresses

Sorry for the time between posts guys! My exams for Uni are coming up, so I might be a little busy.

Another thing that's coming up is my University's 'Law Ball', a formal event for the students in my course. This inspired me to make a post about formal dresses, and how they don't have to be boring.


My dress for my highschool formal was a lucky find. After searching and seeing the same designs over and over, I found this:

I fell in love at first sight. Thank goodness it was affordable, because I realised beforehand that I'd be wearing this dress on a few select occasions.


Here are some ideas for a different kind of formal dress for your next event, instead of those same boring designs you see in all the major stores. Some of these aren't available to buy, but they're great for inspiration for your next shopping trip.






This dress is great at creating a flattering figure. Ruffles such as these hide lumps and bumps, but the neckline is great at showing off your bust. The ribbon around the waist is cute and brings the piece together to create an hourglass figure.







This is a more cute and bubbly look. It reminds me of a tutu, but with the black lace and waistband to spice things up, this dress looks really amazing. I love how the lace continues on to form a strap, so that makes this dress different to the usual strapless cocktail dresses you see at formals and proms.





This dress is great for those undecided about whether to wear a long or short dress - have both! The ruffles are great at flattering your figure and the shoes you pick will get the attention they deserve. 

Overall, the dress you pick for you formal can be hot and stylish, without you having to worry that you'll get lost in the crowd of girls wearing similar dresses. These dresses add twists to popular designs, so you'll still fit the formal theme, while wearing something unique that you love.

Custom Search

23 comments:

  1. The second one is really nice and the red ribbon add a lot to it. I agree, formal dresses can be nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite the beauty of the dress, the person that's inside it is the "thing" that makes it a good dress or a bad dress.

    People are the key.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very true! Which is why I support people picking a dress that reflects their style and personality, rather than the same boring designs that show up at every formal or prom :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. i liked the second one too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked the last one for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous15:20

    all look good. Looking forward to seeing photos from the formal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice looking dresses ofc on a beautiful girls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good writeup not that I wear dresses ... lol haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look awesome, I remember last time I had to wear something really fancy I rented it!

    You can visit my blog here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the third most appealed to me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful selects, shame none of these styles translate well into the Express price range.

    ReplyDelete
  12. my favorite type of dress is the second picture, the kinda short one with the floofy bottom thing.

    yeah
    thats guy terms
    floofy bottom things
    boom.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the 2nd and the last

    ReplyDelete
  14. good stuff, followed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous20:10

    some of those dresses look really good without seeking attention. I'm really hoping you post photos of the dress you decided on.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not sure on which one I like

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous19:39

    I think you are better than most mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty :) I really love the light pink one with the black flowers... that also comes in white.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The models are also very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think that's their job :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jafar12:38

    where would a person be able to buy the red and black tutu one and the bubbly pink one

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow i like them all

    ReplyDelete

Follow beans_corner on Twitter